Bedford Association of Tour Guides regret to announce that walks will not now take place in 2021. We hope to offer a full programme of Sunday walks commencing in April 2022.
Walk with the Tour Guides to learn about...
- The time when Bedford was a frontier town at the edge of Viking badlands
- Falkes de Breaute the ruthless High Sherrif of Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire whose nine years of tyranny were ended in 1224 by King Henry 111 following the siege of Bedford Castle
- Bedford’s own Dick Whittington – William Harpur by name – who became Lord Mayor of London in 1561 and with his new found wealth endowed Bedford’s Grammar School giving rise to today’s Harpur Trust
- John Bunyan – where he lived, the streets he walked and the gaol where he wrote The Pilgrim’s Progress
- The Ark, a house owned by the Panacea Society and kept in readiness for The Messiah on his second coming
- The day Glen Miller set off from a Bedford airfield never to be seen again
- Notorious criminals, places of public execution and a reforming prison governor